St Mary, Antingham

ANTINGHAM, 2 miles NW of North Walsham, has in its parish 271 souls, and 1509 acres of land, in which are two lakes or ponds, forming the principal source of the river Ant, which was made navigable to the eastern boundary of this parish in 1826.

There were anciently two parish CHURCHES here in the same enclosure; but that dedicated to St. Margaret has long been in ruins, and only a part of its tower now remains; and its vicarage, valued in the King’s Book at £5 6s 8d, is consolidated with North Walsham. For this sinecure, the vicar of North Walsham receives £28 10s per annum from the rector of Antingham, in lieu of tithes. The church now in use is dedicated to St Mary, and has a square embattled tower, with several inscriptions to the Fermour, Keeson, and Kemp families, and a fine brass, on which are portrayed figures of Richard Calthorp, Esq, and his children.
William White, History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845

Antingham Baptisms 1679-1812 PD 267-1

Antingham Burials 1679-1812 PD 267-1

Antingham Marriages 1679-1753 PD 267-1

Further registers for Antingham are included in the FreeReg database.