St Andrew, Fersfield

FERSFIELD, 4½ miles WNW of Diss, has in its parish 295 inhabitants, and 1359A 2R 31P of land, partly belonging to the Duke of Norfolk, the lord of the manor, in which the fines are arbitrary. The common was enclosed in 1799. The Church (St Andrew) contains effigies of two of its founders or rebuilders, – Sir Robert and Wm Du Blois. The chancel was rebuilt in 1844. The rectory, valued in the King’s Book at £6 6s 8d, is in the patronage of Frederick Nassau, of Essex, and incumbency of the Rev Benedict Perring, MA, who has a good residence, 60A 2R 21P of glebe, and a yearly rent of £375, awarded in 1838, in lieu of tithes.
William White, History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk (1845)

Fersfield baptisms PD 144-1 1565-1741

Fersfield baptisms PD 144-2 1565-1812

Fersfield burials PD 144-1 1565-1741

Fersfield burials PD 144-2 1565-1812

Fersfield marriages PD 144-1 1565-1741

Fersfield marriages PD 144-2 1627-1753

Fersfield marriages PD 144-4 1754-1812

Further registers for Fersfield are included in the FreeReg database.