St Nicholas, Dilham

DILHAM, a pleasant scattered village, nearly 5 miles SSE of North Walsham, has in its parish 488 souls, and 1563A. of land, on the south-west side of the small, but navigable river Ant. The soil belongs chiefly to W H Windham and S T Taylor, Esqrs. The former is lord of the manor, (fines arbitrary,) and the latter has a handsome seat here, called Hill House, and one of the prettiest pleasure grounds in the county, which, during the last 20 years, has been formed at much labour and expense, in what was previously a morass of 25 acres. Dilham Staith, on the east side of the parish, is a hamlet on the navigation, partly in Smallburgh parish, and near it is Dilham Mill, with a dam of 15A formed about 17 years ago. The CHURCH (St Nicholas,) was rebuilt about 20 years ago of brick, except the round flint tower which was re-constructed of the old materials. The vicarage, valued in the King’s Book at £5 7s 4d, and in 1831 at £272, with that of Honing annexed to it, is in the gift of the Bishop of Ely, and incumbency of the Rev Hicks Deacle, of Coltishall.
William White, History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk (1845)

Dilham baptisms 1563-1700

Dilham baptisms 1700-1780

Dilham burials 1563-1700

Dilham burials 1700-1780

Dilham marriages 1563-1700

Dilham marriages 1700-1745

Further registers for Dilham are included in the FreeReg database.